Fans of Y&R vet Greg Rikaart organized a mini-movement to keep the popular star in Genoa City.
A Six-Ingredient Formula
The folks behind the Twitter account Greg Rikaart Fans (GRF) started a website, keepgregonyr.wordpress.com. On it, they outline their multi-pronged approach to seeing that Rikaart and his on-screen alter-ego Kevin, stick around Genoa City. The seemingly out-of-nowhere news of the show’s choice not to renew his contract broke last week.
GRF echo the many SOS (Save Our Soaps) campaigns, such as the one run by our friends at Facebook group Save AMC and OLTL, in their Internet-based approach to seeing their daytime dream to fruition.
They encourage fans to do the following:
- Sign their petition.
- Join their Thunderclap campaign. Thunderclap is “the first crowdspeaking platform that allows you to lend your voice to causes and ideas you believe in,” according to a video on its website.
- Tweet your support of Rikaart, making sure to use the hashtags #KeepGregonYR and #YR.
- Email CBS Chairman and CEO Les Moonves at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call CBS comment lines: 212-975-3247, 212-975-4321, and 818-655-5000.
- Write to Les Moonves at: ATTN: Mr. Leslie Moonves CBS Studio Center 4024 Radford Avenue Studio City, CA 91604 and Mr. Leslie Moonves, Chairmain & CEO -CBS Corporation 7800 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90036
Visit the group’s website using the link above for more details and advice on the best ways to go about these tasks. You can also visit and like the group’s Facebook page.
A Long, Fab Y&R Career
Rikaart has played the lovable Kevin for 14 years on Y&R. He’s taken the character from sketchy con artist to doting dad, all the while inserting humor and heart into his portrayal of the Genoa City legacy character.
He won a Daytime Emmy for his performance in 2005, and he was nominated three other times for the same award.
We at Soap Cities are big Rikaart fans, and we know many of you readers out there are too. We hope this information helps you help him remain on the show.
And don’t forget, there is no such thing is “never” in daytime. Rikaart could always reprise the role of Kevin in the future, and showing you love the actor and character now could help that happen.
Give us your input in the comment section below. Check back with Soap Cities for more Y&R spoilers, recaps, news, and fun! Follow us on Twitter at @soapcities, on Instagram at @soapcities, and come chat with us in our Facebook group. Catch “The Young and the Restless” weekdays on CBS.