AMC and OLTL Fans Rally at ABC Outfront Including Soap Cities co-founder/editor, Shawn Brady, Fifth From the Left
The tireless, shrewd folks over at Facebook group “Save AMC and OLTL” (SAO) yesterday posted another set of tasks faithful “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” fans can perform to resurrect those soaps!
There’s No Such Thing as Bad Publicity–Or Is There?
The current set of assignments, if you will, SAO suggests involve approaching ABC Disney (ABCD) from a publicity-related angle. Any business thrives or fails based on how it is perceived by the public. This is especially true of Hollywood, it seems.
“The View,” “The Chew,” and Our Soaps
SAO suggested calling the Vice President of communications over at ABC. Let him know we could do without The View and The Chew, but we want our soaps back, SAO proposed
The group also suggested AMC and OLTL fans call Laurie Hogan, Public Relations Manager for “The View.”
The Nitty Gritty
See all the numbers and emails you need in their post below!
And here are some reminders to inspire you:
- Don’t believe the people who, for whatever reason, feel the need to vociferously insist that AMC and OLTL can’t be resurrected.
- If you need an example of a recent instance of a show coming back after cancellation, take “Will and Grace” (W&G) NBC just ordered ten episodes of that classic sitcom. And it didn’t even have the Save Our Soaps movement behind it. If W&G, why not AMC and OLTL
- You loose 100% the shots you never make. Yes, you read that right. We here at Soap Cities just made a sports reference.
- And finally, as Winston Churchill simply but eloquently said, “Never, never, never give up.”
- Read our other articles about SAO’s tasks. Here’s a link to one, which contains a link to another.
*This is a picture of the post. If you have trouble viewing the text, visit SAO’s Facebook page, which is linked at the top of this article.
Give us your input in the comment section below. Check back with Soap Cities for more AMC/OLTL news, updates, fun, and more! Follow us on Twitter at @soapcities, on Instagram at @soapcities, and come chat with us in our Facebook group. “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” will one day be back on-screen—never doubt!